If you share these images only once, all of that time spent will go to waste when your media is only seen by 5% of your audience.
When you reuse your media, it gets in front of more people and delivers the social ROI you’ve been looking for.
SmarterQueue makes it easy to reshare your best media with My Media – a place with all the media you’ve ever shared in one place. Find past images that have performed well with high engagement, or your newest video that you’re particularly proud of. You can, and should, use your carefully-curated visual assets more than once to strengthen your social presence.
Social Media Algorithms, Explained
We strongly believe that reusing your content will get you more reach and more engagement. This doesn’t apply to content alone but extends to your media as well.
When you share a post on social media, the algorithms for each network determine a small subset of your audience to which to show your post. If this first group engages with the post, it will show to a wider audience, but still a small percentage of your whole following. Even if your carefully-selected media does well, it still only reaches a tiny fraction of your audience.
As such, the chance of your audience seeing a repeated image or video is quite small. Reusing your media is a foolproof way to get a better return on the time you spend finding or creating images, videos and GIFs, and a way to get this media in front of more people. When you reuse your media, you really can’t go wrong.
Striking a Media Balance
When sharing media, you need to be aware of the variety of media you’re using. Your followers will lose interest if you’re always posting the same types of media, or if the topics just aren’t varied enough to stay interesting. When you reuse your media with My Media, maintaining a balance of media types is easier, since you can look back at your old ideas as well as searching for new ones. As a best practice, make sure your social channels have lots of variety, like infographics, graphs, GIFs, long videos, short videos, screenshots, tips, checklists, and questions.
We know you don’t have an infinite amount of creativity to create all of this original media. Coming up with new post content, finding new images, and keeping your posts relevant for your followers is hard work—it’s easy to get exhausted when trying to generate new content and new ideas every day. When you can go back through your library to find your past media, you take out much of the guesswork that goes into content creation. Plus, you can monitor the types of content you’re sharing. This way, you’re sure everything is balanced and fresh for your audience.
How to Reuse Your Media with My Media in SmarterQueue
– Filter My Media by type to see only a certain type of media, whether you’re most interested in reusing images, videos, or GIFs.
– Filter My Media by origin to separate the media you’ve uploaded from media that you’ve shared from the web. This will help you to decide whether to reshare only your content or only content you’ve shared from elsewhere online.
– Filter for media of a certain size. You can set filters to only see images that are wide (landscape orientation), tall (portrait orientation), or square. Wide images look best on Twitter and Facebook, whereas Instagram can accommodate images of any orientation seamlessly.
– Sort by date, whether you’d like to reuse your oldest or newest media first. It’s usually best to reuse older content first. But, maybe you saw a lot of success with a recent image and want to reuse that first. We get ya.
– Sort by frequency. Find media that’s been used multiple times already or media that hasn’t been shared much. You don’t want to overload your followers with the same media reused over and over. Balance and variety are key!
– Finally, sort by engagement to find media that performed the best in terms of likes, clicks, and shares. Maybe you’d like to retry sharing images that didn’t perform as well. Or, you’d rather reuse your media that has already proven to be engaging. Regardless, finding your best-performing media happens in just a few clicks.
No matter what you’re looking to accomplish, SmarterQueue’s My Media is the best way to reuse your media and get the most ROI on your social efforts. It’s the smartest way to do social media. Properly.